Portlaoise Crèche and Montessori opened in 1990 by the current owner Avril Byrne. It has always operated on the Stradbally Rd, which is a very centrally located to the town of Portlaoise.
In 2002 the business moved to a new purpose designed premises, which is solely dedicated to childcare activity. The crèche is now in a 2500 sq ft building situated on a site area of approx .5 acres.
The crèche consists of the following:
- Dedicated Playroom for toddlers.
- Three ECCE rooms (Butterfly, Caterpillar and Ladybird).
- Study Room for After School Children.
- Two Bedrooms for toddlers.
- Dedicated Kitchen for Food Preparation.
- Two specially designed Playgrounds.
- After school playground for older children
- Messy play playground.
- School Garden.